SILKPORTS permits its use according to the following terms and conditions:
A-GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Using this website implies your acceptance of these conditions. If you do not fully accept them, your entry to this site will be considered unauthorized and you will have to stop using it immediately
- You must be 13 years or older to use this site.
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs under your screen name.
- You are responsible for keeping your account secure.
- You must not abuse, harass, threaten or intimidate other SilkPorts users.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, information, screen names, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, links ("Content") that you submit, post, and display on the SilkPorts service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack SilkPorts or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with SilkPorts
- You must not create or submit unwanted email to any SilkPorts members ("Spam").
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- You must not, in the use of SilkPorts, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
Violation of any of these agreements will result in the termination of your SilkPorts account. While SilkPorts prohibits such conduct and content on its site, you understand and agree that SilkPorts cannot be responsible for the Content posted on its web site and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials and that you use the SilkPorts service at your own risk.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the SilkPorts service for any reason, without notice at any time.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- SilkPorts service makes it possible to post images and text hosted on SilkPorts to outside websites. This use is accepted (and even encouraged!). However, pages on other websites which display data hosted on SilkPorts must provide a link back to SilkPorts.
B-PRODUCT LISTING POLICY
PART 1 GENERAL PROHIBITIONS
1.1 You may not post or sell any item that is restricted or prohibited by a federal, state or local law in any country or jurisdiction. Please be aware that the www.silkports.com website (hereinafter the “SilkPorts.com Website”, which includes and is not limited to its sub-domain) function as a global marketplace; thus the selling or posting of items may be prohibited because of laws outside of the jurisdiction where you reside. Below, we have listed some categories of prohibited or restricted items. HOWEVER, THIS LIST IS NOT INTENDED TO BE EXHAUSTIVE; YOU, AS THE SELLER, ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING THAT YOU ARE NOT POSTING AN ITEM THAT IS PROHIBITED BY LAW IN ANY JURISDICTION. Unless otherwise indicated and annotated accordingly below, the list of prohibited or restricted items as listed shall be applicable to SilkPorts.com Website
1.2 SilkPorts.com has chosen to also prohibit the posting of items which may not be restricted or prohibited by law but are nonetheless controversial including the PART 2 of below but not limited:
1.3 SilkPorts.com, in its sole and exclusive discretion, reserves the right to impose additional restrictions and prohibitions.1.4 In the event of inconsistency, ambiguity or conflict of the contents of this policy with any other terms of the SilkPorts.com platform, or between the English and other language versions of this policy, the English version and the decision of SilkPorts.com exercised in its absolute discretion shall always prevail.
PART 2 PROHIBITED AND CONTROLLED ITEMS
- Items that encourage illegal activities
- Items that are racially, religiously, or ethnically derogatory, or that promote hatred, violence, racial or religious intolerance
- Giveaways, lotteries, raffles, stocks, bonds, investment interests, and other securities
- Pornographic materials or items that are sexual in nature
- Items that do not offer a product or service for sale, such as advertisements solely for the purpose of collecting user information
- Illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia
- Stolen property includes items taken from private individuals and property from companies
- IPR infringing, replica and counterfeit products
- Human Parts and remains (e.g. organs, bone, blood, sperm and eggs)
- Wildlife and related animal products (e.g. pelts, bone and other parts)
PART 3 INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS (IPR) PROTECTION POLICY
1. FACES, NAMES AND SIGNATURES
Items containing the likeness, image, name, or signature of another person are prohibited, unless the products were made or authorized by the person whose likeness, image, name or signature has been used.
2. REPLICA AND COUNTERFEIT ITEMS
2.1 Listing of counterfeits, non-licensed replicas, or unauthorized items, such as counterfeit designer garments, watches, handbags, sunglasses, or other accessories, is strictly prohibited on the Site.
2.2 If the products sold bear the name or logo of a company but did not originate from or were not endorsed by that company, such products are prohibited from the Site.
2.3 Postings of branded products are permitted if a certificate of brand authorization has been issued by the brand owner.
2.4 Postings offering to sell or purchase replicas, counterfeits or other unauthorized items shall be subject to removal by silkports.com. Repeated postings of counterfeit or unauthorized items shall result in the immediate suspension of your membership.
3.1 Academic Software
(a) Academic software is software sold at discounted prices to students, teachers, and employees of accredited learning institutions.
(b) On the Site, please do not list any academic software unless you are so authorized. Such postings may be deleted prior to publication.
(c) For postings of academic software on behalf of an authorized educational reseller or an educational institution, such licensure must be stated conspicuously in the listings. A certificate of authorization issued by the authorized educational reseller (or the educational institution) must also be provided to silkports.com.
3.2 OEM Software
(a) Do not list "OEM" or "bundled" copies of software on the silkports.com Website unless you are selling it with computer hardware. Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), or bundled software, is software that is obtained as part of the purchase of a new computer. OEM software licenses usually prohibit the purchaser from reselling the software without the computer or, in some cases, without any computer hardware.
4. UNAUTHORIZED COPIES OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The listing or sale of unauthorized (pirated, duplicated, backup, bootleg, etc.) copies of software programs, video games, music albums, movies, television programs, photographs or other protected works is forbidden on the Site.
C-TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN BUYERS AND SELLERS
1 Through the Sites, SilkPorts.com provides electronic web-based platforms for exchanging information between buyers and sellers of products and services. SilkPorts.com additionally provides electronic web-based transaction platforms for Members to place, accept, conclude, manage and fulfill orders for the provision of products and services online within the Sites subject to the terms of the service. However, for any Services, SilkPorts.com does not represent either the seller or the buyer in specific transactions. SilkPorts.com does not control and is not liable or responsible for the quality, safety, lawfulness or availability of the products or services offered for sale on the Sites, the ability of the sellers to complete a sale or the ability of buyers to complete a purchase.
2 Users are hereby made aware that there may be risks of dealing with people acting under false pretences. SilkPorts.com uses several techniques to verify the accuracy of certain information our paying Users provide us when they register for a paying membership service on the Sites. However, because user verification on the Internet is difficult, SilkPorts.com cannot and does not confirm each User's purported identity (including, without limitation, paying Members). We encourage you to use various means, as well as common sense, to evaluate with whom you are dealing.
3 Buyers and sellers accessing or using the Sites or Services shall assume the risks of conducting any purchase and sale transactions in connection with or through the Sites or Services. Buyer and sellers accessing or using the Site or Services shall also fully assume all risks of liability or harm of any kind arising out of or in connection with any subsequent activity relating to the products or services that are the subject of the transactions on the Sites. Examples of such risks shall include, but are not limited to, mis-representation of products and services, fraudulent schemes, unsatisfactory product quality, failure to meet specifications, defective or dangerous products, unlawful products, delay or default in delivery or payment, cost mis-calculations, breach of warranty, breach of contract, transportation accidents, the risk that the manufacture, importation, export, distribution, offer, display, purchase, sale and/or use of products or services offered or displayed on the Sites may violate or may be asserted to violate Third Party Rights, and the risk that Users may incur costs of defense or other costs in connection with third parties’ assertion of Third Party Rights, or in connection with any claims by any party that they are entitled to defense or indemnification in relation to the assertion of rights, demands or claims by claimants of Third Party Rights. Examples of such risks also include the risk of claims from consumers, other purchasers, end-users of products or other third parties that they have suffered injuries or harm from their use of the products obtained through the Sites or Services. All of the foregoing risks are referred to as "Transaction Risks". SilkPorts.com is not liable or responsible for any damages, claims, liabilities, costs, harm, inconveniences, business disruptions or expenditures of any kind that may arise a result of or in connection with any Transaction Risks.
4 Buyers and sellers on the Sites are solely responsible for setting out and performance of the terms and conditions of the transactions conducted on, through or as a result of use of the Sites or Services, including, without limitation, terms regarding payment, returns, warranties, shipping, insurance, fees, taxes, title, licenses, fines, permits, handling, transportation and storage, subject to any additional obligations imposed under the service
5 User agrees to provide all information and materials as may be reasonably required by SilkPorts.com in connection with your transactions conducted on, through or as a result of use of the Sites or Services. SilkPorts.com has the right to suspend or terminate any User’s account if the User fails to provide the required information and materials without liability for any losses or damages arising out of or in connection with such suspension or termination.
6 In the event that any User has a dispute with any party to a transaction, such User agrees to release and indemnify SilkPorts.com (and our agents, affiliates, directors, officers and employees) from all claims, demands, actions, proceedings, costs, expenses and damages (including without limitation any actual, special, incidental or consequential damages) arising out of or in connection with such dispute or the transaction.
Last updated on: Dec 27, 2021